Top 10 Best Home Security Systems & Companies 2023: A home security system is a collection of devices and equipment designed to protect a home from burglars, fires, and other hazards. The most basic systems include door and window sensors that trigger an alarm when opened and may also include motion detectors, cameras, and monitoring services that alert homeowners and/or a security company if there is an intrusion.
Some systems can be controlled via a smartphone app or a web portal and may include features such as remote locking and unlocking of doors, and real-time video monitoring.
Our Top 10 Best Home Security Systems & Companies in 2023:
- ADT – Best home security system overall
- Vivint – Best for smart home security
- SimpliSafe – Best for hassle-free coverage
- Cove – Best for 360 home security
- Frontpoint Security – Best for low budgets
- SecurityPricer – Best for comparing
- Blue by ADT – Best for short-term contracts
- Scout Alarm – Best for self-installation
- Link Home Security – Best for wire-free
- Deep Sentinel – Best for real-time monitoring.
1. ADT – Best home security system overall
ADT is one of the most well-known and reputable home security companies in the market. They offer a wide range of services including burglar alarms, fire alarms, video surveillance, smart home integration, and 24/7 monitoring. ADT’s monitoring centers are staffed with trained professionals who can respond quickly to any emergency situation.
Their systems are customizable and can be tailored to fit the unique needs of any home. Additionally, ADT offers a variety of packages and pricing options to fit any budget. Overall, ADT is a solid choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive home security solution.
2. Vivint – Best for smart home security
Vivint is a company that provides smart home security and automation services. They offer a range of products and services, including security cameras, doorbell cameras, smart locks, thermostats, and garage door controllers. They also offer home automation services such as lighting control and smart thermostats, as well as energy management services.
Vivint is known for its professional installation and 24/7 monitoring services, which can provide peace of mind for homeowners. However, it’s important to note that there are many other companies that provide similar products and services, and what is best for one person may not be the best for another. It’s a good idea to research and compare different companies and their offerings to find the best fit for your needs and budget.
3. SimpliSafe – Best for hassle-free coverage
SimpliSafe is a popular home security system that is known for its easy setup and hassle-free coverage. The system is designed to be user-friendly, with simple instructions and no complex wiring or installation required.
One of the key features of SimpliSafe is its wireless design, which allows for easy setup and flexibility in terms of where you place the sensors and other components. The system also includes a range of sensors, including door and window sensors, motion detectors, and a panic button, all of which can be easily customized to suit your specific needs.
Another feature that makes SimpliSafe stand out is its monitoring service, which is included with the purchase of the system. The service is professional and reliable, ensuring that your home is always protected and that you receive a quick and effective response in case of an emergency.
Overall, SimpliSafe is a great choice for anyone looking for a hassle-free and effective home security system that is easy to set up and customize. With its range of sensors and monitoring services, SimpliSafe provides comprehensive coverage and peace of mind for your home.
4. Cove – Best for 360 home security
The cove is a home security company that specializes in 360-degree protection for your home. They offer a variety of services, including 24/7 professional monitoring, door and window sensors, motion detectors, and cameras. Their cameras have pan, tilt, and zoom capabilities, allowing you to have a full view of your home at all times.
They also offer integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to control your security system with voice commands. Cove’s customer service is also highly rated, with dedicated representatives available to help with any issues or questions. Overall, Cove is a great choice for those looking for comprehensive home security coverage.
5. Frontpoint Security – Best for low budgets
Frontpoint Security is a home security company that specializes in wireless and self-installable systems. One of the main selling points of the company is that its systems are designed to be affordable and easy to install, making them a good option for people on a budget.
Their systems typically include door and window sensors, motion detectors, and a control panel, and they can be controlled and monitored through a mobile app. Some of the most popular features of Frontpoint Security are its affordable pricing and easy self-install options with the added bonus of professional monitoring options.
6. SecurityPricer – Best for comparing
SecurityPricer is a useful tool for comparing home security options. It allows users to compare prices, features, and reviews of different home security systems from a variety of providers. This can help users find the best deal on a home security system that meets their specific needs and budget.
Additionally, SecurityPricer provides information on special deals and promotions, which can help users save even more money on their home security purchases. Overall, SecurityPricer is a great resource for anyone looking to compare and purchase a home security system.
7. Blue by ADT – Best for short-term contracts
Blue by ADT is a home security service that is best for those who prefer short-term contracts. Unlike other security services that require long-term commitments, Blue by ADT offers a flexible month-to-month contract option. This allows you to try out the service without committing to a long-term commitment.
Additionally, Blue by ADT offers a variety of equipment and service options to fit different needs and budgets. This makes it a great option for renters or those who may move in the near future. Overall, Blue by ADT is a great choice for those who value flexibility and don’t want to be locked into a long-term contract.
8. Scout Alarm – Best for self-installation
Scout Alarm is a popular home security option for those who prefer self-installation. The system is easy to set up and can be controlled through a mobile app, allowing you to monitor and control your home from anywhere. The system includes sensors for doors, windows, and motion, as well as a hub that communicates with the sensors and the app.
Scout Alarm also offers professional monitoring for an additional cost, but the self-monitoring option is a great way to save money and still have a secure home. Additionally, Scout Alarm is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to use voice commands to arm and disarm your system.
9. Link Home Security – Best for wire-free
Link Home Security is a company that specializes in wire-free security systems. Their products include a variety of wireless security cameras and sensors that can be easily installed and controlled through a mobile app. Their wire-free design eliminates the need for complicated wiring, making it a great option for those who want an easy and convenient way to secure their home.
They also offer professional monitoring services, which allow customers to have peace of mind knowing that their home is being watched 24/7. Overall, Link Home Security is a great choice for anyone looking for a wire-free security solution.
10. Deep Sentinel – Best for real-time monitoring
Deep Sentinel Home Security is a cutting-edge home security system that offers real-time monitoring and alerts. It uses advanced AI technology and live human surveillance to detect and deter potential burglars, providing homeowners with peace of mind and increased safety.
One of the key features of Deep Sentinel is its live video surveillance. The system uses a network of high-definition cameras that are strategically placed around the home to provide a complete view of the property. These cameras are connected to a central hub, which then sends the footage to a team of trained security professionals. If a potential threat is detected, these professionals will immediately notify the homeowner and take action to deter the burglar.
Another great feature of Deep Sentinel is its integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows homeowners to control their security system using voice commands, making it even more convenient and easy to use.
Overall, Deep Sentinel Home Security is the best choice for those looking for real-time monitoring and alerts. Its advanced technology, live surveillance, and integration with voice assistants make it a top-of-the-line security system that offers unparalleled protection for your home.
How Much Does a Good Security System Cost?
The cost of a good security system can vary greatly depending on the type and features of the system, as well as the size and complexity of the installation. A basic wired or wireless system for a small home or apartment can start at around $100, while a more advanced system with multiple cameras, motion sensors, and remote monitoring capabilities can cost several thousand dollars.
Some security companies also offer monthly or annual monitoring services, which can add to the overall cost of the system. Ultimately, the best way to determine the cost of a good security system is to consult with a professional security company and have them provide a detailed quote based on your specific needs and budget.
DIY Home Security Systems
- Smart Camera and Doorbell System: This DIY security system involves installing a smart camera and doorbell, such as a Nest or Ring, at the front of your home. The camera and doorbell will connect to your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to monitor your home and receive alerts when motion is detected or someone rings the doorbell.
- Self-Monitoring Alarm System: This type of system includes a control panel, door and window sensors, and motion detectors that can be installed throughout your home. The sensors communicate with the control panel, which sounds an alarm if any of the sensors are triggered. You can also set up text or email alerts to notify you of any activity.
- Smart Lock and Keyless Entry System: Installing a smart lock, such as a Schlage or Kwikset, on your front door can give you added security and convenience. You can control the lock using your smartphone, set up keyless entry codes for guests, and receive alerts when someone unlocks the door.
- Smart Home Automation and Security: Integrating your security system with a smart home automation platform, such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home, can give you even more control and options. You can use voice commands to arm or disarm the system, control lights and other devices, and receive alerts from connected devices.
- CCTV Security System: CCTV or closed-circuit television systems can be set up to monitor the areas of your home and provide you with real-time footage. The footage can be accessed remotely through your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to keep an eye on your home even when you’re away.
Please note that it is always recommended to consult a professional when installing any type of security system.
Professional Home Security Systems
Professional home security systems are designed to provide homeowners with the peace of mind that comes from knowing their home is protected against intruders, fire, and other hazards. These systems typically include a range of features, including:
- Motion Detectors: These sensors detect movement within a certain area of the home and trigger an alarm if movement is detected when the system is armed.
- Glass Break Detectors: These sensors are designed to detect the sound of breaking glass and trigger an alarm in the event of a break-in.
- Door and Window Contacts: These sensors detect when a door or window is opened and trigger an alarm if the system is armed.
- Video Surveillance: Many professional home security systems include cameras that can be accessed remotely to view live footage of the home or review recorded footage.
- Fire Detection: Some professional home security systems include smoke and carbon monoxide detectors that can alert homeowners to a potential fire or gas leak.
- Remote Access and Control: Many professional home security systems can be controlled remotely through a smartphone app or web portal, allowing homeowners to arm or disarm the system, view live footage, and receive alerts.
- 24/7 Monitoring: Many professional home security systems include 24/7 monitoring by trained security professionals who will respond in case of an emergency.
- Backup Power: Professional home security systems have a backup battery to power the system in case of a power failure.
Professional home security systems are typically installed by certified technicians and are often backed by a warranty or maintenance agreement to ensure that the system continues to function properly.